The shortlists have been announced for the 2022 Northern Territory Literary Awards, which celebrate unpublished work by established and emerging NT writers.
Shortlists in seven categories have been announced, including:
Short story ($1000)
- “Ghosts of the Circus” by Sally Bothroyd
- Bacha Posh by Dave Clark
- “Into the Storm” by A’Mhara McKey
- “Going Through the Door” by Janice Barr
- “Velocipede” by Dave Clark
- “SORRY” by Dina Davis
- “Leaving Ikuntji” by Meg Mooney
- ‘SENSUIKAN I-124’ by Ynes Sanz
- “For My Sister on Our Vacation” door Leni Shilton
Creative Non-Fiction ($500)
- “Dysfunction and Beauty on Its Sleeve” by Dave Clark
- “A World in Decline” by Naish Gawen
- ‘An Aboriginal healer lifted my PNG curse’ by Annalize Ingram
- Tribute by Carol Maxwell.
This year’s shortlists were chosen from a pool of over 200 submissions. Winners will be announced at a ceremony at the NT Library in Darwin on Wednesday, September 14.
In addition to cash prizes, winners receive an annual NT Writers Center membership and free entry to a masterclass.
For more information, see the NT Library website.
Category: Awards Local News