5 books to offer for Mother’s Day
HOUSTON – One of the best gifts moms can get for Mother’s Day, this is a great book where they can relax and escape the stresses of their daily lives.
And with so many options to choose from, book influencer Cindy Burnett, host of the Thoughts from a Page Podcastshared her top picks for all types of moms.
To see Burnett’s full interview about the books she selected, watch the video above.
1. FOR THE MOM WHO LOVED ‘INVENTING ANNA’ AND ‘THE DROPOUT’
Cover story by Susan Rigetti
– “A captivating novel about an ambitious young woman who finds herself trapped in the scam of a charismatic con man.”
2. FOR THE MEMORIES LOVER:
Shelter by Mary Laura Philpott
– “A powerful memoir that tackles the big questions of life, death and existential fear with humor and hope.”
3. FOR THE MOM WHO LOVES HISTORICAL FICTION:
Take my hand by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
– “A novel about the shocking discovery of a young black nurse and a burning quest for justice in post-segregation Alabama.”
4. FOR THE MOM WHO NEEDS A BREAK:
Cartographers by Peng Shepherd
– “A thriller about a young woman who discovers that a strange card in her deceased father’s belongings holds an incredible and deadly secret that will lead her on an extraordinary adventure.”
5. FOR THE MOM WHO CHERISHES HER FRIENDSHIPS:
Love & Saffron by Kim Fay
– “A witty and tender novel follows two women in 1960s America as they discover that food truly connects us all and that friendship and laughter are the best medicine.”
If you want to get any of these books, you can check them out here or stop by the Blue Willow Bookstore.
Copyright 2022 by KPRC Click2Houston – All Rights Reserved.